Welcome!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Bucket June 2007--Edited

I know what you are thinking, “Another edition of The Bucket! I can't wait to read this and add it to my collection!” I hope I don't disappoint. Have you come to feel the wonderful spirit that comes with working on your food storage? Upon accepting this assignment I thought it would be a more “temporal” rather than “spiritual” calling. I have found that I have felt the Spirit in this calling in exactly the same way as I did in previous callings. I remember the excitement as a missionary when someone committed to obey a specific commandment. I have felt the same when a home teaching family came to church for the first time in many years. It is my testimony that the Spirit you feel as you follow the Savior's example is also present when working on your food storage. I promise you will also feel the Spirit as you not only commit to gathering your year supply but actually do it.

This month, we have two ways to help you do just that! On Saturday, June 23rd, we will be having another food storage activity in Ogden. The party will start at 11:00am ending at 1:00pm. We will need 4 volunteers with one person willing to make use of their pickup truck for deliveries. Please contact Andrew. The main items will be wheat, rolled oats, sugar, and macaroni. Other items will also be available if you would like to order!

As Always,

No comments: