Welcome!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Bucket August 2007

The Bucket
Learn it, Love it, Do it!

It's finally happening! That's right, the Food Storage classes are finally scheduled. Mark your calendars, clear your schedules, and figure out where we live. On August 23rd and 24th, we will be having a course for rookies. The party begins at 7pm and the vanilla ice cream will be floating in A&W promptly at 7:45. You only have to come to one night—unless of course you want floats two nights in a row.
The agenda will be as follows:
1.Reality Check
2.The First 90 days
3.Long Term Needs
4.Calculating Needs
5.Food Storage Strategies
6.Goal-setting
The main objective of the class is to answer the issue of “Jeepers, I want to get my food storage, but I just don't know how to get started.” Veterans are also encouraged to come. Your practical advice is not only welcomed, but needed. I know this class sounds extremely exciting, and you all want to come, but you will need to reserve your seats by calling me. If you get voice mail, just leave a message.
In other news, the Young Women will be canning wheat on the last Tuesday of the month. They are invited to encourage their families to order some cans for this special activity. Each 5.7lb can of wheat is $2.00. Young Women, please let Sister Hall know how many cans your family would like by Sunday the 19th. Parents, we will be canning at the chapel so you can come down at the end of the activity and pick up your orders. We will all be very sad if the Young Women leaders have to deliver wheat into the wee hours of the night.
On a personal note, I have decided to create a goal for my calling. My intent is to help every ward member have a 3-month supply. I am hoping that by utilizing The Bucket, monthly food storage opportunities, occasional classes, and my endearing personality, I will be able to motivate you to take action. Considering the private nature of this work, there really isn't an appropriate way to follow up. However, if a family wanted to set a goal and have me follow up, I'd love to support you in your efforts.
You are all so wonderful. In fact, just today, Kristy and I considered throwing out some questionable macaroni, but I told her that we should keep it to give to needy ward members in times of hardship. What a guy, huh?

Get Canned,

No comments: