Welcome!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Quick Wheat Muffins

This is a pretty good muffin recipe. It won't blow you away by any means, but I call it, Simple Goodness. Eat with honey or jam, and you'll feel good about your wholesome treat.

3 cups WHEAT MIX (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup of raisins or cran-raisins (I've never added these--I'm a wimp)
1 egg slightly beaten
1 cup water or apple or orange juice (I like using apple juice--Kristy says there is zero difference)

Preheat oven to 400. Butter muffin pans. In bowl, combine WHEAT MIX and sugar. Blend well. Combine egg and liquid together in small bowl. While not officially part of the recipe, I add about 1/8-1/4 cup of honey. Yummy! Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened; batter should be lumppy. Bake 15 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments: