Welcome!

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Bucket May 2008

One of my favorite primary songs is Keep the Commandments. The line that repeats in my mind over and over again is "Keep the commandments, in this there is safety and peace." Everything that I have learned and experienced in my life confirms that line. There is no greater joy than knowing you are keeping the commandments and following God's prophet on the earth today. Have you recognized the confidence that following the prophet gives you day-to-day? Have you felt the peaceful reassurance that you are on the right track? It is my testimony that working on your food storage helps us feel the promised "safety and peace."

My goal over the last year has been to make food storage fun and "main stream." Sometimes my announcements and newsletters are a bit goofy, but this effort is supposed to be fun. This is something we can get excited about! I love finding new "food storage recipes" or going down to the storage room to count my cans. One of the happiest days of the year was when I filled up my water barrels. I would bet that those who have gone to the food storage center with me have found it to be a hoot. Just ask the Farnsworths--they are my most loyal participants. Have you not noticed their happy countenances, the bounce in their step, and the brilliant sunshine that follows them everywhere? That is just what happens when you get into the food storage experience! Check out my latest bread making party on www.onlinebucket.blogspot.com. You'll never see a happier baker!

Silliness aside, I hope you understand the seriousness of this effort. There has been a significant run on grains lately that has invited a bit of global hysteria. I imagine that "this, too, will pass," however, it does remind us how fragile our world is. Our job isn't to predict the future or protract current events to enormous proportions, but merely to follow the prophets' counsel to lay up in store. I liken food storage to tithing--it is fire insurance. Remember, the only time you need insurance is when it's too late to apply. Don't wait, my friends--make a plan and do it. If you don't know where to start, just ask me!

The blog has an enormous amount of resources. Recipes, tips, and links to many sites have been made available.


Peace Out,

Andrew

No comments: